Prairie Lane Farms Boarding
We offer only boarding in paddocks at $500 per horse per month. We limit paddocks to 2 horses per paddock. We no longer offer boarding in stalls or lessons Short term or in-transit boarding is available for $25 per night. Electric hookup available for $10 per night. No RV dumping available. Owner’s hay and feed fed by barn staff if desired.
This fee includes comprehensive care, including quality feed twice per day, and if desired, with owner supplied supplements. Senior or Hi-Fat feeds and other supplements are also available at additional costs.
High quality hay is supplied twice a day and free choice is fed in the paddocks. Stalls are bedded with clean shavings and stall is picked three times daily. A saddle and tack locker is also provided for each client whose horse is boarded.
Barn Rules at Prairie Lane Farm
All patrons signing a Boarding Agreement or Release of Liability Agreement with Prairie Lane Farm agrees to abide by these courtesies, considerations and rules:
- Horses may be unloaded or left at Prairie Lane Farm only if a signed Boarding Agreement, Release of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, a current negative Coggins test and current shot and worming records are provided. If the horse is owned by a minor, a parent responsible for payment of charges must sign these agreements. An approved worming program (Quest or other farm-approved methods) must be completed at least three days prior to arrival.
- Any person riding a horse (the owner or any additional rider) at The Farm must have a signed Release of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement on file. If the rider is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must sign this agreement.
- While in the barn all horses must be secured—either on cross ties, tied to a stall or a cross tie post, or within a stall. Horses may not be left standing alone or untied in the aisle.
- Whether in the aisle or in a stall, owners and riders must clean up messes promptly—including manure, hoof cleaning residue and hair clippings. Owners and riders are also responsible for cleaning and putting away tack and equipment. Please help us keep the tack room clean and orderly.
- All feeding is to be done by Judy Dix or barn personnel under her supervision. Extra rations, other than carrots, apples or certain treats, may not be fed to one’s horse without Judy’s knowledge. Any type of treat or extra ration may NOT be fed to any horse other than one’s own under any circumstance.
- If you are riding a horse that is not your own, you must provide The Farm the owner’s permission in writing.
- Jumping of horses, whether in the arena or on the cross-country course, may only be done with an adult instructor present. Also, while lessons are being conducted, non-lesson riding must be done in areas which will not disturb the instruction.
- All horses must be dismounted prior to entering the barn.
- For safety, no dogs are allowed on the property.